See below for details on our upcoming workshops:
'How to make your own wildlife garden'
Saturday 28th April 2018 - 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Location: Volunteer Training Centre
Address: Volunteer Training Centre, Oakham Road, Hambleton, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 8AD
Would you like to encourage wildlife into your garden or green space but aren’t quite sure how to do it on your own? Perhaps you’ve always dreamed of a wildlife pond full of newts and toads, or a border by the patio that’s buzzing with bees and butterflies all summer long? Well now you can learn how to make that dream a reality!
Jim and Joel Ashton (‘The Butterfly Brothers’) of Hazelwood Landscapes are delighted to announce bookings are now being taken for their first workshop of 2018.
This workshop is aimed at anyone who wants to make their garden, outdoor space or community area a home for wildlife (or more wildlife-friendly). The workshop covers all the essential aspects of a good wildlife garden, content as follows:
- The importance of gardening with wildlife in mind
- What wildlife can you expect in your garden?
- Our 4 key steps to making gardens work for wildlife
- Mapping out existing features
- Wildlife ponds
- Wildflower meadows and flowering lawns
- Nectar plants for butterflies, bees, moths and much more
- Attracting birds
- Choosing the best trees and shrubs
- Utilising vertical space – fences and wall
- Recycling garden waste into homes for wildlife
- Attracting hedgehogs, bats and other mammals
- Help and advice to design/improve your own garden or outdoor space
- Q & A – We can answer your questions throughout the day to help you reach your goals
All participants will receive a folder with information on topics covered to take home for future reference.
Workshop cost – £95.00
Tea and coffee will be provided but you will need to bring your own lunch.
Toilet facilities available.
To book a place on this workshop you can click here - Rutland Water Nature Reserve
OR call the Volunteer Training Centre on 01572 720049
If you have any questions please call Jim on 07960 499754